Fall Armyworm detection
Our first $1 AI Scope Project
We believe that the FAW is detectable by anyone with a smartphone and GoMicro magnifier. Preliminary tests have proven this.
We are now in the process of developing a more comprehensive detection scheme to be deployed in Australia, US and EU with our GoMicro Examine and in the rest of the world with a 1$ GoMicro magnifier. We plan to :
- Collect image sets
- Build deploy and test our AI detection
- Make it available via GMicro App Detect
We are seeking global collaboration for developing and deploying an effective, affordable phone-based detection of FAW.
This is something that we have not tried, but maybe worth trying. We need to select a few popular crop types and collect images of FAW damage and other insect damage
- Early Stage
- Late Stage
What we need to build AI Engines
We would provide the magnifiers at no charge, we would like :
- 100 images each detection target. We will discuss this with each partner.
- Once the images are captured we would like you to share them with us using Google Drive or Dropbox.
- We will then build the AI engine and do software test to ensure > 80% accuracy
- We will make this available for you to test and assess the accuracy
- We will then run field trials with farmers